Your pop up blocker may be preventing the MarketSmith tool from opening.
Learn how to resolve this issue.
SSYS looks like the strongest setup technically that I have seen in a while. Several points of assessment included:
1. ROE is a little light at 13%
2. Light ROE might be offset by an accelerating after tax margin
3. Last two quarters show decceleration of earnings
4. Breakout volume was greater than any day in over a year.
5. Huge breakout volume coupled with a shallow 1st stage consolidation & margin acceleration apparently outweighed any negatives and the stock was up 28% in five sessions.
6. Very heavy follow on accumulation showed up within three days of the breakout.
7. All trade since the breakout on 4/16 has quickly gotten higher in price than the midpoint of the heaviest hourly bars.
8. 4/25 qualifies as pocket pivot volume and all trade since has been higher in price than the close on 4/25.
9. The 4/30 shake comes on very low volume. This reminds me of SIMO on 10/17/2011 and I read 4/30/12 in SSYS as buyable with a smaller entry based on the overwhelming power of the breakout and the follow on accumulation.
10. My stop loss is between 4.5% and 5.5% depending on volume and time duration.
I agree. A bit more of a hook and then all power all the time. Tough to wait for it, but need to.
My precedent for a 4/30 entry is SIMO on 10/17/2011 screencast.com/.../3LiUefktuRNV and APKT on 2/11/2010 screencast.com/.../wgugurqag .
The fact that it can't even come back to its 10 day line over three weeks seems very, very compelling. I'm not sure what Bill would say about such a buy, but the market has roared from entries like this in the past.
To me, it's a prima donna worth her weight in gold.
Very good! Anxious to follow. A little too thin (especially this close to earnings) for me. Good luck!
Closed @ 50.5 - The set can work, but the bounce seems to be out of the market right now.
© 2017 MarketSmith, Incorporated. All Rights Reserved. MarketSmith® is a registered trademark of MarketSmith, Incorporated. All data provided by William O'Neil + Co. Incorporated unless otherwise noted.