Last Post 04/19/2013 08:14 AM by terry (60) . 5 reply.

(0) 
Sort Posts:

01/30/2013 02:19 PM

EPS Due Dates Service Reduction
by se_swadley (795) Joined on 06/12/2010 Posts: 116

I noticed recent dicrepancies in EPS Due dates listed in the charts compared to the announced dates recently. On inquiry I was told MS has made a decision to return to the old daily graphes practice of posting a projected date based on the previous years date instead waiting to post the announced date.The idea sucks! It will cost me a lot of time trying to track this information on my own for stocks of interest. This is significant retreat from a solid service improvement. I f you agree chime in or I may be a cry in the dark.

Tags:

02/07/2013 05:15 AM

Re: EPS Due Dates Service Reduction
by vorlon (175) Joined on 09/16/2010 Posts: 25

I agree. It's not helpful to have an incorrect date in MarketSmith. Better don't show it at all if it's not reasonably accurate. It would be much more helpful to have the official dates though.

02/07/2013 09:34 AM

by MARKETSMITH (12090) Joined on 06/14/2010 Posts: 799

The EPS Due Date data has not been reduced. We display reported EPS due dates as provided by Thompson Reuters. In the event next EPS due date is unavailable we will display last year’s earnings due date instead. As a separate issue, we have recently discovered an issue where certain stocks are showing last quarter's date instead of this quarter's. Our programmers are looking into this issue and hope to have a fix for it in the near future. Rest assured, we understand the importance of good EPS Due Date data and we have not decided to reduce this feature.

Best Returns,

The MarketSmith Team

02/07/2013 12:47 PM

I prefer you do not list a pending eps date unless it is announced by the company. Including last years is still misleading and leads to ananysis and portfolio managment errors. Marketsmith was following the appropriate practice for at least the last year. It was an improvement now reduced. Please reconsider the new policy.

02/22/2013 12:59 PM

I will double check eps due dates by clicking on the company website link included in each MarketSmith chart and/ or search earnings.com,briefing.com or finance.yahoo.com. The major brokers also have the information on pages at their websites. A change in routine is always disconcerting at first.

04/19/2013 08:14 AM

by terry (60) Joined on 04/18/2010 Posts: 6

It would be helpful to distinguish when Marketsmith is displaying an estimated date (using last year's date) or displaying the actual announced value.