Last Post 10/29/2013 03:49 PM by TRLaco (0) . 13 reply.

(2) 
Sort Posts:

02/10/2011 10:28 AM

ETF Coverage - Do you want more?
by MARKETSMITH (12090) Joined on 06/14/2010 Posts: 771

As part of our ongoing commitment to provide our subscribers with the most effective investment research tool, we would like to gauge your satisfaction with our current coverage of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs). We are aware of the growing demand for ETF data and would gladly provide this information to our subscribers, if there was sufficient demand for it. If you invest in ETF’s and would like to see greater coverage in MarketSmith, please let us know and be sure to detail what types of data would be valuable to you.

We appreciate your feedback as it is instrumental in developing the highest quality investment research tools.

Your MarketSmith Team  

Tags: ,

02/10/2011 10:21 PM

Re: ETF Coverage - Do you want more?
by dario.barbaglio (115) Joined on 10/07/2010 Posts: 8

ETFs list near stocks,industry groups and market indices lists

02/22/2011 05:10 AM

by accldm (45) Joined on 09/05/2010 Posts: 9
I would like the ability to easily sort out all the leveraged from normal ETFs as well as all inverse ETFs from the ETF universe. I often do not want the leveraged or inverse ETFs included in my screening. Thanks.

02/24/2011 05:57 PM

by dealertainer (10) Joined on 06/16/2010 Posts: 2

I acually have a screen called ETF and a portfolio of strictly ETFs.  Great gains in gold, silver and oil....

Would love more info on ETFs!

This is the greatest investment era ever:  CANSlLIM for stocks along with ETFs for commodity exposure and the ability to be short too..............it can't get any better than this.

07/24/2011 06:44 AM

by dmoore (5) Joined on 03/06/2011 Posts: 1

I am new to MarketSmith and am looking to see if there is a way to screen and watch ETF's. I would very much like to find a way to track the leaning industry groups and their related ETF's as another way to invest in leading sectors. Please let me know if there is a way to do build a screen or if one is available. 

Thanks, 

07/27/2011 06:42 AM

by phillclark (5) Joined on 04/27/2011 Posts: 1

ETF analysis would add an important dimension to your investment analysis tool kit.   You already know how important EFT's have become in offering investors (your customers) more flexibility in tuning our investment approaches.    I am not clear on how you might do a SMR and Composite ratings for ETFs based on a summary of holdings within an ETF, but that would be quite useful.   Currently I use data from Schwab and Morningstar to do analysis of ETFs.  As a new user of MarketSmith I am just learning to use your tools for investment analysis and believe it would improve your value proposition if I did not have to jump around to do my analysis.

08/02/2011 06:48 PM

by bjrad (2470) Joined on 06/08/2010 Posts: 299

I agree with so many others that, as for ETFs, the more data you can provide the better.  I think Morningstar's breakdown and analysis of ETFs is helpful but it is very value oriented (IMO).  Enhancing the screener with data regarding the momentum of ETFs and relationship to their moving averages, along with price, NAV, Premium/Discount%, expense ratios, link to website, U/D ratio, etc...  would be nice.  Being able to visualize a group and identify sector leader changes with the relevant ETFs grouped with their Sector/Industry group rather than in their own category as financial/ETF/ETN.  I'm rarely if ever interested in seeing a variety of ETFs in a screen.  I would rather have them associated with their industry (as much as possible).  Thanks.  Brad 

08/04/2011 07:45 AM

by bbodner (25) Joined on 08/01/2011 Posts: 5

I definitely agree with Brad's wish list. This is the way I work with ETF's including ranking within sectors and groups, and even ranking within fund house offerings. Is a time consuming but worthwhile strategy in a trending market. Also volume too is critical in choosing the most liquid ones to purchase, sell, and short.  Bruce

09/12/2012 03:43 AM

by scott.collins (30) Joined on 06/07/2010 Posts: 3

Yes

12/12/2012 04:01 PM

by jackso3420 (80) Joined on 09/25/2010 Posts: 6

absoluely would like improvements to Etf formats....think curremt system less than optimun to find and separate

12/13/2012 06:45 AM

by l (5095) Joined on 07/03/2010 Posts: 486

Yes!

03/13/2013 09:58 AM

by slickrock2 (25) Joined on 01/20/2012 Posts: 2

More ETF coverage would be appreciated.  Obviously earnings and sales data would be useless with ETFs, but Relative Strength and Accum/Dist could be quite helpful.  It would also be nice to have industry sector or style data to screen.  Perhaps you could also look at the relative strength of an ETF against it's peer group in the same sector.

Thanks

04/12/2013 04:49 PM

by sw9281 (95) Joined on 12/20/2010 Posts: 10

Marketsmith Team - this would be a great feature. But you asked the question almost 2 years ago. Can you please update us on your current vision for adding more robust EFT data and scanning capabilities.

Steve

10/29/2013 03:49 PM

by TRLaco (0) Joined on 02/07/2011 Posts: 1

Yes, you offer screening on stocks and mutual funds...why not ETFs?

It would be most helpful if you could sort them by types, like large cap, small cap, index, growth, value, commodity, etc. Then we would want their 3 month, 6 month, YTD, 1 Yr., 3 Yr, & 5 Yr. info. Then also the expense percentage and the yield % if applicable.

This would be a big help instead of having to look at multiple sources to try to get this basic information. This is the sort of thing that you do best.

What are you waiting for?

Just do it!